Wednesday 28 January 2015

FRENCH SONG 3 C'EST L'AMOUR EDITH PIAFF

http://youtu.be/0Kv6GYyi_4I

FRENCH SONG 3

C'EST l'AMOUR - EDITH PIAFF

Translation is mine and it is not a word to word translation.
After listening to the song , Students of French language may read the lyrics and its translation which I did purely for pedagogic purposes.


C'est l'amour qui fait qu'on aime.
C'est l'amour qui fait rêver.
C'est l'amour qui veut qu'on s'aime.
C'est l'amour qui fait pleurer...

It's love which makes us love
It's love which makes us dream
It's love which wants us to love
It's love which makes us cry

Mais tous ceux qui croient qu'ils s'aiment,
Ceux qui font semblant d'aimer,
Oui, tous ceux qui croient qu'ils s'aiment
Ne pourront jamais pleurer...

But all who think that they love
Those who pretend to love
Yes all who think that they love
Could never cry

Dans l'amour, il faut des larmes,
Dans l'amour, il faut donner...

In love tears are a must
In love one should give


Et ceux qui n'ont pas de larmes
Ne pourront jamais aimer...
Il faut tant, et tant de larmes
Pour avoir le droit d'aimer...

And those without tears
Will never love
So much and so much of tears
To have the right of love

Mon amour, oh toi que j'aime,
Tu me fais souvent pleurer...

My love , thee whom I love
Often make me cry

J'ai donné, donné mes larmes,
J'ai pleuré pour mieux t'aimer,
J'ai payé de tant de larmes
Pour toujours le droit d'aimer...
Pour toujours... le droit d'aimer !

I gave and gave my tears
Cried to love thee more
Much I paid in tears
To have the right to love for ever
For ever to have the right to love.

Sayee Jayaraman

29/01/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment